BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, August 7, 2009

Visiting the Folks!

The great thing about living in VA is being closer to my parents. It's a four-five hour trip vs. the ten hour trip from Nashville. We've been blessed to be able to see them a lot since Grace has been born but that is because they have traveled here most of the times to see her. Can you blame them? New Grandparents and loving every minute of it. Sometimes I feel guilty that we don't live in the same area. I know they would love to see her every day if they could.

So lately, Matt has been working a ton of hours to build up his business! And while I'm thankful, I get a little stir crazy being in the house all the time. I get out but I don't travel like I'm use to. I use to love me a good road trip!

So, I decided to take Grace to go see my parents while I could still sit comfortably behind the wheel of my car. Lauren, our friend (& roommate) had some time off and after some bribing about spending an afternoon in DC going to the museums, she was happy to accompany us on the trip. I'm not that crazy to travel 5 hours alone at 31 weeks pregnant with a 15 month old. So we head out Sat. morning and came back late Tuesday night. We had a great time. We visited with my parents, did some shopping, spent an afternoon going to the Smithsonian museums, and even got to head into Williamsport, MD to spend the afternoon at the pool with some old friends and their kids.

As much as I love going away, I love coming home even more! Poor Gracie got off her schedule due to our busy itinerary but luckily was able to get right back on it Wed. I know she was happy to see her daddy too!

Here are some pics of our trip.


















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

loved the pictures and hearing about your trip! i know your parents just eat grace up!!! you look great!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know Lauren was your room-mate....how cool! Please tell her hello from us....she looks great!