BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, October 5, 2009

Our newest addition....


Reese Taylor McClain came into this world Sept. 29th, 2009 at 10:57 am. She was 7 lbs 7 oz and 20 inches long. The c-section wasn't nearly as bad as I had expected and I'm trying my best to take care of myself and recover quickly so that I can be at my best for both of my girls. Many of you know the complications that Reese faced at birth. Her breathing was the first concern and because of this she spent the first 24 hours of birth in the level 2 nursery at Chesapeake General Hospital. I wasn't even able to hold her! You can imagine my panic and emotional state especially after going through a similar situation with Grace after she was born. It wears me out to even relive this and type it all out. I just don't have the strength tonight. However, I know so many of you are praying and thinking of us and I wanted to let you know how much we appreciate it. We feel the prayers and I know Reese does.

Her currant status is she is at CHKD (one of the best children's hospital on the east coast) and has been doing great. Her platelet levels are stabilizing and she is feeding very good! Now the issue of concern is her jaundice. She is under the photo therapy lights with the cool sunglasses! We thought we were going to get to "room in" (stay in a room with her in the hospital) tonight and take her home tomorrow but that isn't the case. They want to keep her a little longer to get her billy ribbon (not sure if that is how you spell it) levels down before we take her home. So now we are looking at either Wed. or Thursday.

She has had several tests and they have all come back good! We are still awaiting one test which will determine a lot concerning her future. That is all we are saying for now until we know for sure. But this we do know..she is a precious gift and we love her so much! We can't wait for her to meet everyone of our dear friends and family who have been praying for her since she entered this world almost one week ago!

6 comments:

Shawn, Becky, Ethan and Gavin said...

Tiffany,
She is precious! Continuing to Pray for little Reese and for the whole family.

Becky

The Rileys said...

Continuing to pray for you all! We love you and can't wait for you to bring her home!

alpullen said...

We're praying for you all, Tiffany!

Angela

rosemary said...

She is a gorgeous gift from God and I can't wait to meet her!! Keep being very gentle with yourself, Tiff, you must be exhausted! All my love and prayers.

Irene said...

Tiffany, just saw the picture of Reese today and hear you may be bringing her home soon! She's so sweet. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

I love her and can't wait to meet her!!!