BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 27, 2010

Sweet Tweets from Reese!!!

My baby girl is going to be 1 year old on September 29, 2010! It's hard to believe that she has grown from this....




to this....in just one year!




She is so beautiful in so many ways. If you are able to be around her for a few minutes, all the cares and worries of the world melt away with just one smile from her. She is our angel and a blessing from God.



I had no idea just a little over a year ago that the Lord would choose me to be the mother to a 2nd child with special needs. We were just adjusting and getting use to learning all about Grace's needs and obstacles. I must say that when I found out that she may have Down Syndrome I thought "Why Me Lord?" And now I am still asking the same question but in a different way. "Why Lord have you chosen to bless me with such an amazing little human being? Why have you given me this easy, very happy, very healthy, bundle of joy?" I don't feel worthy of such a pure love. She is constant reminder that God is real and life is good. She is the perfect picture of unconditional love and compassion. I wish more people were born with an extra chromosome so that there weren't still the stereotypes out there associated with Down Syndrome. I wish there were more awareness and more education. I thank God everyday for the people in Reese's life. They love her and I believe are blessed by her.

Thanks to everyone who came out to her party! We had a great turn out. I think we counted about 57 people at one point! It will be a party I'm sure she will talk about for many years to come. It is already a memory engraved on my heart for the rest of time!


















2 comments:

Jennifer Ramirez said...

Wow!! A whole year has passed already! I can't believe it. I agree with Tiffany 100% when she says that Reese is absolute Sunshine! Whenever I have a bad day and can't come and see her, I just look at her picture and somehow..everything is okay again. We love her so much and can't wait to see what the Lord has in store for her. She has been a blessing from day one. We love our Reesie Cup more and more each day. We LOVE you Reese!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Love, Titi Jenn, Tio Tito and your cousins, Ricky, Dave and Alexandra

Anonymous said...

How thrilled we are to be grandparents to our beautiful, sweet angel - Reese.

She is the epitamy of what it means to enjoy life each day...God has blessed our family with such a wonderful doll baby.

Happy 1st Birthday, dear granddaugher, whom we love so very much and are blessed to be a part of your daily life. Grandpap and Grandma Turnock